Precedent Battery Configuration Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precedent Battery Configuration Mod

Has anyone out there installed the Club Car mod/kit that changes the configuration of early Precedent models from four 12v batteries to six 8v batteries? I have viewed the configuration of the newer models compared to mine and it looks like the change would be a pretty durned "big deal"; e.g., the controller would evidently need to be moved from its present spot in the middle of the battery pack to the rear "firewall" which would probably require new wiring (methinks any new wiring would probably be part of the kit). It is tempting to undertake it so that I would have the option to buy "Energizers" at Sams (cuz they don't sell 12v).

I just posted an article on this a few days ago.
    Yes it's pretty involved but it brings the cart right up to 2011 standards.
    Here's the link: http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...batteries.html

Comment

Doug,

Any updates on this topic? I am currently debating the change. I have a 2008 Precedent that I use strictly for golf, that is in need of batteries. I have not found much information for or against the swap, whats your thoughts?

Comment

Welcome to the forum foglejs.
        It kind of depends on what your plans are for your cart, if you are only going to keep it for another 3-4 years I'm not sure it's worth it but 5 or 6 years then a switch maybe right up your alley.
        If you have had satisfactory service from your cart to present and the run time is sufficient to do what you need there may not be a need to change.
        Club Car themselves had troubles with the 4x12v set up in the Precedent from 04-09 and subsequently went back to their old 6x8v configuration in 2010.
        Personally it would be a tough call for me either way but in the long run the 6x8v will pay off in extended battery life, updated electronics and resale value.
        There was a thread here started by erict where we went through various scenarios, pros, cons etc and may make a good read, here's the link: http://www.golfcartsforum.com/club-c...-question.html

Comment

Do you know of anyone has actually done the swap themselves? I do plan on keeping the cart for a while.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X