Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48v Powerdrive Club Car plug swap to Crowfoot - HELP

Ok, so here's the scoop...

I bought this Older Club Car at an auction a few months ago.
    After my kids ran down the batteries we discovered it came with the wrong charger. It's a 48v Powerdrive charger, Club Car. I assumed that it would work for my golf cart if I just swapped out the plug to a crowfoot from a round. I just got the crowfoot adapter in the mail today. However, AFTER I cut the other adapter off, I noticed there are three wires (1 blue, 1 red, 1 black)... so now I am stuck. The crowfoot only has two connections, a positive and a negative. Red is positive, and black is negative right? but wth do I do with the blue wire? PLEASE HELP... kids are driving me nuts to have the cart back...[IMG]http://www.*******************/images/smilies/icon_cry.gif[/IMG]

Welcome to the forum just_a_dad!
    You may have the wrong charger for your cart, the older ones used a different charger than the newer ones.
    What year and voltage is your Club Car or what is the serial number?

Some info:
    • 1982-2000.5 Club Cars have two distinct seat backs while 2000.5-present models have a connected (one piece) seat back
    • 1982-2000.5 Club Cars have silver aluminum top supports while 2000.5-present models have black top supports
    • 1982-2000.5 Club Cars have a thin top while the 2000.5-present models have a thicker top with handles on each side of the back third of the top.

Since 1981 Club Car Golf Carts have positioned their serial numbers just under the glove box on the passengers side of the vehicle. The first two numbers (not letters) indicate the last two digits of the year of manufacture.

On Club Car Golf Carts prior to 1981, you can find the serial number by raising the seat and locating the aluminum, I-beam frame section closest to the batteries on the driver's side of the car. If the serial number plate has been removed, you can confirm it is a 1975-1980 model if it has two brake pedals and one accelerator pedal.
    Updated by dougmcp; August 5, 2011, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks for responding. VIN starts with A8746, so I guess it's an '87? No OBC right? Can I still convert my charger?

Comment

Posted earlier by just_a_dad View Post
        Thanks for responding. VIN starts with A8746, so I guess it's an '87? No OBC right? Can I still convert my charger?
        Yep 87
        Regards

Comment

you have a 36 volt cart and a 48 volt charger correct, has the cart been converted to 48 volts??

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X