storage for long periods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• storage for long periods?

What are some things I should be aware of when storing my cart for the winter?

http://golfcart-forums.com/showthread.php?t=18

Comment

wow that's new!! good info there aswell it will come in handy for me.

Comment

gas or electric? knowing that will give a big advantage on just what to do.........................
        Tom
        if i didn,t like them so much i wouldn,t touch them...........

Comment

sorry i didn,t realize that forum was just elec. anyways if you charge the batteries before storage if your talking like winter storage than if you have good batteries they should last until spring, check water level after charging them and if needed top off with distilled water only and just 1/4 inch over lead plates........cover battery post and cable ends with either battery protectant or grease or vasiline ( this will be wiped off before using the cart again ).........grease front end inflate tires to right pressure, if the cart is going to be stored close to you than you can leave the charger plugged in and it will come on and shut off as needed but i wouldn,t do that unless charger was somewhere right near me.....this should help some.......................
          Tom
          if i didn,t like them so much i wouldn,t touch them...........

Comment

It is not recommended to keep the charger plugged in all the time..the batteries get to be like babies..always needing food (charging). Better to charge and disconnect a main wire. We do it for all our carts every year and have not had any split batteries in the spring.

Comment

when the batteries are fully charged will they bleed down and the charger kick back on? Talking about a automatic charger

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X