Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

good method of removind the white rust on the aluminum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good method of removind the white rust on the aluminum?

I officailly think that it is impossible to remove the rust on the frame on the gollf carts. There is also dirt around the battery trays and nothing seems to be lifting that too. I dont want to sand down the entire body and scratch it. Is there any other easier ways of doing it or should I think about getting the frame professionally sand blasted at a local shop. information welcomed.

The rust is corrison from the batteries.

Take all the bateries out and take the cart to car wash and wash and scrub with a stiff wire brush.

You may need to use a hammer and a prynar/screwdriver to remove the tough built up corrision.

Just be aware that most likly the batery boxes are weak so dont hit pry to rough or they will break.

Most of the time a good hot washer will take all the corrision off.

After you get ti clean just take a water hose to it from time to time and keep it washed off.

Never overfill your batteries as they leak when charging and cause the exact problem.

A good aluminum wheel cleaner will help also to remove the corrision.

Comment

As far as the rust on the body goes just lacqure thinner on a rag and the rust stain will come off.

You will wont to rewax after you use the lacqure thinner.

I use thinner each and every day at the cart shop I work at and it works great.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X