jerky at slow speeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jerky at slow speeds

2001 club car DS Power Drive Plus, good batteries. It is jerky at slow/med speeds, runs good at full speed. I think it is the MCOR but not sure. The system is not a V Glide, then do I assume it is a pot? I'm new to this game so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Updated by sidnaw59; July 8, 2011, 06:26 AM.

If you have already confirmed the batteries and cables are in good condition, clean and tight, the MCOR is usually the problem if it is jerky at medium speeds.

Comment

Doug's right on, of course. The (very) used '05 Precedent I bought off Craig's List was so jerky that I have been pushing it the last few feet into its garage parking place rather than risk a modern-day "big bang" as it hit the wall while backing it in under its own power. I had put new heavy-wt battery cables on it because the old ones just looked pretty bad near the terminals but the jerkiness wasn't from bad connections/cables. I ordered a new MCOR device (potentiometer) a few days ago......it came today and I installed it this evening (took about an hour and a half). The cart is now as smooth as a new one. Just like the volume control on an old-timey radio, those pots get "noisy/scratchy" and just plain worn out. Ed S. in Fairview, TX

Comment

Thanks for the story and information on the fix youracman

Matti
        Regards

Comment

You guys are awesome!!!! Part came yesterday, put it in and presto!!!!! Runs smooth as silk!! The only web site I have found where you helped me out with my problem and knew right away what it was!! Again THANKS a bunch!!!
          Now I need up upgrade my motor where do I start?

Comment

Posted earlier by sidnaw59 View Post
            Now I need up upgrade my motor where do I start?
            Glad you got it fixed up!

There are lots of options......... What do you want to achieve with a motor upgrade?

Comment

Just simple speed. This will only be used as a simple golf cart and to get around the community, nothing hot rod, LOL. It has stock motor want to get little more top end speed as we travel around.

Comment

Without any other changes you can have your motor rewound by EMP or PlumQuick for $225-$250 to get you about 20-22mph.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                X