Front Suspension/Toe In Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Suspension/Toe In Questions

I have a 2006 Yamaha G22 48 volt cart. It has a 6'' Rhox lift kit. My tires were brand new with this lift kit just a year ago. The cart is driven on asphalt and very little gravel less than two hrs a week. The tires are wearing badly on the inside on the front and not as bad on the inside on the rear. I thought about adjusting the Toe In. I went to rotate them myself and realized that the steering knuckles are extremely loose on both sides of the front. I've found a parts diagram here http://www.tntgolfcar.com/yamaha-par...pckiboaud923q0. My question is regarding the spacer (part # 32 on diagram). I think the spacer is missing on both sides of my front end. How much play should be in the steering knuckle? There is probably an 1/8'' gap between the flange bolt that holds the steering knuckle on and the bushings inside the knuckle. Is this normal? Or should the spacer make up the gap to where there is little to no gap (play)? Is it normal practice to leave these spacers out when installing a lift kit? I found no spacer when disassembling the steering knuckle. Just upper and lower covers and bushings. Any help would be appreciated.
Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X