Squeaky Annoying read end on EZGO Freedom RXV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaky Annoying read end on EZGO Freedom RXV

I have a back seat installed on my RXV and the rear end squeaks and creaks with every bump I hit. Is this a shock issue? Leaf springs? Any help appreciated
    Updated by J64williams; January 26, 2024, 06:24 PM.

Ah the infamous squeaks and creaks. Those pesky sounds that can turn a peaceful ride into a symphony of annoyance! From what you've described, the squeaks and creaks are definitely originating from something rubbing together, creating that unmistakable sound. It's like the cart is trying to sing its own tune, albeit not the most melodious one!

To tackle this, it's important to inspect high movement areas where metal meets metal or metal meets fiberglass/plastic. Think about spots like where the roof connects to the body, around the windshield, and any hangon parts. These areas are prime suspects for causing the racket. Installing rubber grommets can work wonders as a buffer, reducing the friction and silencing the squeaks.

If you've checked all the body panels and the squeaks persist, it's time to turn your attention to the suspension. Taking the cart for a spin in a flat open bumpy parking lot while listening closely might reveal the culprit. Have someone else drive while you play detective, pinpointing where the noise is coming from. It could be a shock issue, leaf springs protesting against the bumps, or perhaps something else entirely.

I had a similar squeak saga with my own cart. After a bit of sleuthing I traced the source to where the rear roof mounts met the body, right in the no mans land between the front and rear seats. It turned out to be classic metal on metal friction. The solution? I introduced some rubber washers into the equation.

Comment

Thank you! After inspection and having someone else “rock the boat’ I determined it was the front attachment on the rear leaf springs. WD 40 silenced it for now. I’ll get some rubber washers to tone it down. Thanks for your insightful response!

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X