Cart won’t move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cart won’t move

Hello. I have a 2012 EZGO battery cart. When the accelerator is depressed there is no movement forward or reverse. The micro switch does click and the audible reverse alarm does sound whenever switched to reverse. The cart was charging for over 12 hours. Thanks.

You should hear a click from the solenoid. One thing to keep in mind with EZGO that year is their unique solenoid setup. Unlike some other models, the solenoid here doesn't get the full voltage straight from the battery. Nope, it's the controller that calls the shots, sending a PWM signal to the solenoid at about 75% or 36 volts.

Let's start with the basics. Given the symptoms, check the battery pack voltage (fully charged should be well above 48v). Low voltage can often throw a wrench in the works, causing issues with movement. Additionally, considering the cart was juicing up for over 12 hours, we need to make sure each battery is pulling its weight. A load test on each individual battery can tell us if we've got a weak link in the chain. Give those terminals a onceover, clean and tight connections are key to keeping energy flowing smoothly. Feel free to reach out with any additional information or questions along the way, did it occur suddenly or was the cart sitting unused for an extended period

Comment

It happened suddenly. I was driving it around and it would somewhat accelerate and then finally “catch” and go at normal speed. I tried to drive it yesterday and it just wouldn’t go at all.

Comment

Somewhat accelerate then finally "catch", check both sides for a stripped rear hub. Here is a sticky with instructions on how to check, the one in question is older/gas but the concept of checking it is still the same.
        Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X