EZ Go RXV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZ Go RXV

Leaving the golf course today my golf cart simply stopped. I shut the battery (lithium) off and turned it on and I was able to drive for a short time. Then it happened again. The only way to get my cart home was to turn the battery off and on, drive 5-20 feet, then repeat the process. Did this the entire way home. Thoughts or help?

A few possibilities come to mind. Firstly, with lithium batteries, they can sometimes become so drained that the pack shuts down as a protective measure. Most lithium batteries have built in protection mechanism to prevent damage caused by over discharging. When the battery voltage drops too low, it can lead to irreversible damage. To mitigate this, lithium battery management systems monitor the voltage levels of individual cells within the battery. If the voltage drops below a certain threshold, the system will trigger a protective mode to prevent further discharge.

Your cart could be experiencing thermal shutdown, which occurs when components such as the motor or controller overheat, causing the system to shut down temporarily to prevent heat damage. The wiring harnesses, especially those connections to high power components like the motor or controller, may generate excessive heat if its damaged or improperly insulated. The battery pack itself may generate excess heat during periods of heavy use. Furthermore, auxiliary components such as a voltage regulator may also contribute to thermal issues if it is malfunctioning. To check for this, carefully feel around the components and wiring for any signs of overheating or hot spots when the issue occurs.

Another potential culprit could be issues with the motor brake locking up. If the brake is malfunctioning, it could cause the cart to stop unexpectedly. Lastly, it's worth considering the possibility of wiring issues around the controller area or a failing controller itself. Before delving deeper into troubleshooting, feel free to provide some background information about the cart. For instance, if you purchased it new, and what year it is, or if you can provide the serial plate information, it would assist in diagnosing the problem more accurately.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X