Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acid drip

Have a 07 Club Car President 48v electric with 09 batteries. I've noticed that when I charge the batteries there is a spot, looks like acid drip, about a quarter in size on the passenger side. There is no evidence of wetness on the top of the batteries or boiling over when charged. Does leave the spot untill you charge the batteries. I removed all four batteries. The two passenger side batteries I can see no crackes or any damage to them. Looks like the acid spot is comming from the drain hole in the battery pan. I checked the water in the batteries and there is no great amount of water missing, in those two than the others, that has to be replaced. The charger is charging and turning off like it should. Any help would be appreciated...Thanks Frank

Noticed that no one had any comments on the drip. After doing different things I found that I probably have a little to much water in the batteries. I took the caps off and watched during the charging found that it spladers water, tiny drops, and caused this after awhile to run down the battery. I fill the batteries up to the bottom ring. Found out you need to do about half of that. Will post the results if this stops...If anyone has a similar experience please post.....Frank

Posted earlier by frank View Post
    Have a 07 Club Car President 48v electric with 09 batteries. I've noticed that when I charge the batteries there is a spot, looks like acid drip, about a quarter in size on the passenger side. There is no evidence of wetness on the top of the batteries or boiling over when charged. Does leave the spot untill you charge the batteries. I removed all four batteries. The two passenger side batteries I can see no crackes or any damage to them. Looks like the acid spot is comming from the drain hole in the battery pan. I checked the water in the batteries and there is no great amount of water missing, in those two than the others, that has to be replaced. The charger is charging and turning off like it should. Any help would be appreciated...Thanks Frank

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X