Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Club Car 48 Volt

I have a 1995 Club Car 48 Volt Cart. It was working fine until the last golf season, and the batteries would not last long. I purchased 6 new Trojan Batteries and it worked great for a couple of rounds. Then a clicking noise started in the solenoid, but the cart would still run. I replaced the solenoid, and now it will not move at all. It will jump just a little, and act like it wants to move, but it will not move at all. The clicking sound is gone, but if plugged in the charger will not kick in either. I plugged my charger in to a different cart and it worked fine. Any suggestions?

Hi boo. When did you purchse 6 new trojan batteries, and how long was the golf cart sitting since you last charged it?
    Regards

Comment

I purchased the batteries at the end of last year, and I played about 10 rounds with them. On the very last round of the year the solenoid started clicking. I relplaced it last week, now it will not do anything. The batteries still show to have a charge though. I jumped the solenoid, and the cart would run fine in forward, but there was no reverse. Also when I put the pedal all the way down, it would lose power. I had to drive with the pedal pressed about halfway down.

Comment

This sounds like an OBC problem, to bypass the OBC, run a wire from the small post with the yellow wire on the solenoid to the main battery negative. The cart should run with the OBC bypassed.
        Regards

Comment

Ok, I hooked up a wire like you said and as soon as I turned the key on, the cart would take off. I could not get it to stop unless I put it in neutral. If I put it in reverse, it would automatically back up, and if I put in in drive it would take off forwards. Not sure what went wrong there!

Comment

Check and see if your solenoid is stuck open. If it is then the control box is getting full power which is making your cart take off. Sounds like you are going to need an OBC anyway to charge your batteries,
            Updated by nbirt; July 13, 2010, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X