Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precedent Speed

We have 04 & 07 Precedents and both are set to the maximum factory speed of approx 19.2 mph. I'd like to have both go more like 25 mph or at least faster than the current max. The Club Car dealer mentioned there was a chip but that it voided the warranty. What are our options (and costs) to make them go faster? Thanks Dick

With or without voiding the warranty?
    Regards

Comment

The 04 is out of warranty so I'd do it first and decide if the 07 should be done or not until the 4 years are up. thanks again

Comment

For our 2004 Precedent the warranty's expired so I'd like to try a speed increase on it if it's not too expensive? Can anyone offer me advise on what the options are to increase the speed past the manufacturers max 19.2mph it is now?
        thanks,
        Dick

Comment

Yep but it is going to be expensive. The cheapest thing of course is getting the controller coded by the dealer.

Other $$expensive$$ things include an upgraded controller, motor, high speed gear ratios or adding more batteries to the lineup. Unfortunitly with new electric carts, speed means money sorry I didn't answer earlier, forgot about this post
          Regards

Comment

first off disclaimer - i have not done this myself but plan to later this year.

after some research i think the best speed bang for your buck is buying a new high speed motor.

i recommend calling the guys at plum quick motor in SC. They have an option that should get you close to 25 mph for about $250. no controller upgrade needed.

search on google for their number.

if you go this route let me know how it woks out.

Posted earlier by dicktag View Post
            For our 2004 Precedent the warranty's expired so I'd like to try a speed increase on it if it's not too expensive? Can anyone offer me advise on what the options are to increase the speed past the manufacturers max 19.2mph it is now?
            thanks,
            Dick

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X