Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 Club Car 48 Volt, Little Power

98 club car 48 volt series motor, power seems to be intermitent to motor it's drawing 11 volts @full throttle(Volt meter pos @ A1 neg @S1) I have rebuilt motor, replaced FNR switch, solenoid is about 2 ys old I get 49.8 volts accross batteries cabling looks ok. Any help out there

How old are the batteries flowguy?
    Regards

Comment

3 yrs old, I load tested them al ok

Comment

Can you explain a bit further? Does the cart run fine at first and then become weak? Or sometimes it has power, and other times it is weak? Do you get 49.8 volts after a full charge or after using it a little while?

Finally, did this problem just start happening or has it been going on since last year?
        Regards

Comment

About 5 months ago the motor started to chatter and viabrate when first depressing the throttle. The positive lead to the solenoid would get warm not real hot just warm. I was told that the motor needed to be rebuilt brushes ect. I just replaced the motor with a rebuilt one. I took it for test ride about 1 block (fully charged)it seemed fine at first then it began to lose speed all within that block. When I tried to use reverse it wouldn't move but the solenoid did click. I changed the FNR switch. It would move in reverse but not well almost like power was intermittent. Forward pretty much the same. When I tested voltage across A1 S1 @ full throttle voltage was variable but never got above 12 volts. I'm not a wiz when it comes to electrical.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X