Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F n R switch limit switch

I acquired a 1986 club car electric. I think I am going to learn more than I ever wanted to know about golf carts, lol. Very new at golf carting but I have managed to salvage the batteries. The batteries are wired right. I printed out a wiring diagram and it appears to be wired correctly, as far as the solenoid activation is concerned but I don't think it is. The neg half of the solenoid activation goes through the key switch and back up through the limit switch mounted on the F n R switch and then goes over to all 5 of the solenoids. The reason I don't think the wiring is right is that the limit switch is a NC switch and opens when it is in forward or reverse. naturally no current flows through an open contact. If I bypass the limit switch the solenoids pull in, no movement yet, but I think that is a problem in the F n R switch itself. That will be the next part of the projet. Anyway, the wiring diagram is very hard to read and it appears to be wired correctly but it can't be. What is that limit switch for, and shoudn't it be a NO switch. When it is in neutral the solenoids pull in. Thanks for any help you can give me.

I do not think I uploaded a 5 solenoid system diagram yet, But they have to be correct in order for them to work properly. Welcome to the world of golf carts by the way I will see about getting up a good quality diagram for you as soon as possible.
    Regards

Comment

Thank you. I have a feeling that someone instaled the wrong limit switch. I still think for it to work properly it should be a normally open switch that will close in either F or R.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X