Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Club Car Owner

I am fairly new to owning a cart, I have a 1992 club car , it is a 36V cart, the cart runs great, and keeps a charge, but I have noticed that I am needing additional torque to pull inclines because I lose power rapidly going even small hills. So after reading a few different articles and websites, I came to the conclusion that I can possibly get the torque I need by putting in a new speed controller? Would you agree with this assesment?

If so, where do I even locate my speed controller?

Alot of websites were saying online that upgrading to a 400amp controller would do the trick.

If I upgrade, does it effect any other parts of my cart requiring upgrades??

Unfortunately your Club Car does not even have a speed controller. It uses a V-Glide and coils to regulate the speed. The torque problem you are experiencing is probably because the batteries are starting to get old. Are they more than 3 years old? If so, it may be time to think about investing in a new set.

If you are still looking for more torque, I have seen people get away with adding 1 additional 6 volt battery to the pack. Any more and you will be putting too much stress on the coils.
    Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X