Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Precedent Electric

I had a dealer service the cart and put it away for the winter except for checking battery water. The cart has an idiot battery light and when I serviced the betteries it was blinking feintly (as Club Car recommended I leave the charger plugged in all the time). I unplugged the cart and it will do nothing. The batteries still have a charge but the cart's dead. I tried a different charger and it didn't do anything either - neither charger will kick on. I'd like to avoid the 300 mile trip to the dealer if anyone has suggestions/diagrams? Thanks in advance!

Yep, check the voltage in each battery. Charge each battery individually if each are below 75% charged. Than hook em all back together and the charger should kick on to complete the charge.
    Regards

Comment

THANK YOU Matti, I'll give it a try today!
      dick

Comment

After charging separately and reconnecting all four 12v batteries and then plugging in the charger, it kicked on! Thank you.

Another question(s): When the 2004 cart was three years old Club Car replaced 3 of the 4 batteries on warranty (as defective) but would not replace the fourth one. Now one of the batteries is five+ years old, but it took and seemed to hold a charge. What is the advisability of replacing it anyway as the other 3 are only 2 years old and I'm concerned about the older battery ruining the newer ones?

Alsao, The Club Car owners manual warns to only use Club Car batteries. I see Interstate now makes a highly rated 12v golf cart battery. What's the advisability of sticking with Club Car batteries versus Interstate? If Interstate is OK, what about mixing them when replacing less than all 4?
        thanx.

Comment

Posted earlier by dicktag View Post
          After charging separately and reconnecting all four 12v batteries and then plugging in the charger, it kicked on! Thank you.

Another question(s): When the 2004 cart was three years old Club Car replaced 3 of the 4 batteries on warranty (as defective) but would not replace the fourth one. Now one of the batteries is five+ years old, but it took and seemed to hold a charge. What is the advisability of replacing it anyway as the other 3 are only 2 years old and I'm concerned about the older battery ruining the newer ones?

Alsao, The Club Car owners manual warns to only use Club Car batteries. I see Interstate now makes a highly rated 12v golf cart battery. What's the advisability of sticking with Club Car batteries versus Interstate? If Interstate is OK, what about mixing them when replacing less than all 4?
          thanx.
          Great

Question #1, they will last about 4 years. You will notice that the cart will not last on a charge as long as it used to, and it will have less power. This is when you should change the batteries. This time, replace them all at once, since mixing old with new is not good.

Question #2, Any kind of golf cart battery is fine. The more you pay the longer they will last. Trojan batteries are some of the best, giving you a very long life if maintained properly. (Example: never let them go completely dead, keep them watered and clean.)
          Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X