'94 Club Car moves at 1/2 full throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '94 Club Car moves at 1/2 full throttle

My ''94 Club Car with V-glide and Controller (no resistors) will run only when you press the pedal 1/2 way down. It immediately spins the wheels and will run just fine from 1/2 throttle to full speed. No low speed.

I tested my multi-Meter, and it is working perfectly. Traced the Black wire and White wire from the V-glide up to the Micro-Switches. Put leads on the Black and White wires pushed almost all the way on to Micro-switch and got no reading with the key on or off.

The Black and White (separate wires) run to a double connection with one wire going to the Micro-Switches than splits off and goes into harness going to the other side of the cart.

I unplugged both wires from the double connection and put probes into the Black wire and the White wire with key On or Off. AGAIN, no reading whatsoever on the meter.

What puzzles me is WHY does the cart run at 1/2 throttle or more. BUT no reading on the OHMS when testing by (pushing the pedal down from 0-5000).

All help and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Ever taken a peek inside the V-glide yet? It's the deal when it comes to controlling how fast your golf cart moves. If that movable arm inside isn't making contact with the shoes meant for slower speeds, you're only getting full throttle action.

Comment

Yes....Arm is making full contact. My meter was defective. Yesterday a friend came over with an expensive meter and it read while pushing pedal down 1/2" (900 ohms). Keep pushing pedal down slowly and it went to 5000 ohms. The V-glide is not the problem. How do I test the controller?

Comment

Set up the multimeter by turning the dial to the "DC Voltage" setting usually indicated by a symbol resembling a V with straight lines above it. If you're setting up your meter for the very first time, make sure the probes are plugged into the correct ports on the multimeter, commonly labeled as COM (for common) and VΩmA (for voltage, ohms, and milliamps). Put the rear wheels up on jack stands if needed.

Now let's find the M- and B- on the controller. The M- and B- represent Motor Negative and Battery Negative, respectively. With the multimeter set up and ready, place one probe on the M- and the other probe on the B-

Once you've made the connections, gently press the pedal just enough to engage the cart. You should observe the multimeter display a voltage reading, typically around 36 volts. This reading reflects the normal power level when the cart is operational.

Now, press the pedal all the way down. As you do so, keep an eye on the multimeter screen, it should drop to zero volts. This indicates that the controller is functioning as intended.

Lastly, pay attention to any changes in the voltage reading with the pedal movement. If the voltage stays close to zero or doesn't fluctuate as you press the pedal, it suggests that something may be wrong with the controller.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X