Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Club Car upgrade

Kinda new here so thanks for taking a look at my post. I have a 1999 Club Car 36 volt resistor cart. Runs average for the year and use. Batteries are four years old but still holding in there. I'm looking to improve performance. Nothing spectacular but maybe 20 mph on the flats and more torque for the hills in my neck of the woods. Right now I top out at 11 mph and on the uphill it climbs at a very slow walk.

I've read posts here that say I can just change out the batteries to 48 volts and change the solenoid to 48 volt. I've alos read here and other posts where I'm warned not to run 48 volts through the resistors. What gives? I want something to improve performance without breaking the bank for now. If it can take it I'd do this for now and in a year or less I'd move on up to a controller and pb-6 pot with #4 cables to make it the best.

Any suggestions or other options? I'd sure appreciate anything you got out there.

Hi flynvest. All resistors burn out over time, with 12 more volts on them they will burn out faster. I'm not sure if they make a upgraded resistor kit but you might want to check that out. On a 36 volt cart, I have gotten away with two 8 volts, and four 6's with the same solenoid and motor. That will give you a noticeable amount of torque.
    Regards

Comment

Matti, how do I determine the voltage of individual resistors?
      This is for a 93 electric Club Car.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X