dead in the garage=no golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dead in the garage=no golf

I bought a 95 a few weeks ago, serial # is A9504-421037. Now it won't move and I need some help troubleshooting, have no clue where to start. I have a meter for checking batts but don't know how to check other things....I can however follow instructions

Rob

First off Welcome Rob!

The good news is a service manual is located here: http://www.golfcartsforum.com/golf-c...ce-manual.html
    Lots of great info.

Take a look at your batteries and if they have 3 fill caps you have a 36 volt system, if they have 4 fill caps you have a 48 vot system. I have attached some diagrams, use the one for the voltage you have and test the pack voltage.
    Check battery pack voltage by placing the red test lead on the main + and the black test lead on the main - terminal. Post what you find and check each battery individualy. Then we can go further. Others feel free to chime in. Hope this helps.
    Attached Files

Comment

It's a 48V. Individually they read 8.3 or so. Main posts reads 50.4...if I set the meter right because it reads voltage now while not hooked up...IDK. It tries to move ever so slightly F or R but that's it.

Comment

That State of Charge is ok. Check all high current wiring on batteries, controller and motor for corrosion adn clean or replace. Also, it could be the wiper switch (potentiometer). Download the manual and take a look at page 20-17 and follow the test procedure #8 and check the linkage from accelerator pedal. Let us know what you find.

Comment

Thanks for the help and the link to the manual, that'll be invaluable in the future.
          You'll never believe this......I noticed the screw holding the handle was backed out about all the way. Tightened that up and it now moves! Crazy. Ya gotta love those simple fixes.
          Thanks again.

Rob

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X