Resistor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resistor

Hi all, my resistor ( wwound up wire behind solenoids). Gets really hot after use. Isthis normal? The cart i just purchased is from and auction and a little rough. 87 ds. Is there a printed shop manual anywhere?
    Updated by Cowtipper; June 20, 2013, 07:58 PM.

hot resistors is normal.

Comment

I think the moderators here dropped the 5 post requirement for downloading manuals and schematics.

The resistors are only used in the circuit when the cart is not run at full speed, and of course, sitting still.

Comment

So i can remove it? What happens if i do? Also, if one of my solenoids is not connected to it does it matter?

Comment

wiring diagram for your cart. If you remove a resistor or solenoid or speed switch from the circuit you will loose that speed. If the cart runs i would leave it alone. Other than the resistors getting hot, is there another problem with carts electrical?
          Attached Files
          Updated by wthompson; June 24, 2013, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the reply, i have one soleniod that is melted and the contact to the resistor is unattached. The whole solenoid group appear to have been hodge pogged together to get the cart to run. The drawing isnt very clear so i am unable to see exactly the wiring. I get how it is susposed to work but my main solenoid (first one) has two wires connected to it on the right side going back to the speed controller. Im guessing because the one solenoid is not working? Also i only have one resistor, ( one large wound wire accross all solenoids) is this correct? im seeing on parts supplier web sites there are others for different speeds, how
            many should there be? As i said i got the cart at auction and the wiring is so hacked up im replacing it back to otiginal as best i can.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X