reverse no forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reverse no forward

I'm new this is my first post. Been following forum for some time.

Have 2003 DS 48v AQ serial. Upgraded to new rewound motor couple weeks back. Swapped out myself no problem. Noticed couple of bad battery cables so decided to replace yesterday. Forgot to switch to tow. Realized something wrong when solenoid got hot. Switched to tow and finished.

Now my cart has normal, maybe a little slow, reverse but when rocker switched to Forward and press pedal, hear first click then 1-2 seconds of faint squeel then 2nd click but no go.

I'm in Hacienda Pinilla in Costa Rica 5 hours from parts or mechanic.

I'm pretty good with mechanics and a multi-meter.

I'm thinking since reverse works that the OBC and solenoid are OK.

Also really pissed at myself for failing to switch to tow,

It does not look good, This is from memory There are four transistors in the controller that control forward and reverse. Two of thoes are bad. On your controller there are 2 spade terminals If you reverse those 2 wires You will have forward and no reverse.

Comment

Thanks for your help.

OK, reversed 2 wires and confirm now have slow forward no reverse.

What would you suggest to get my cart back to normal?

I'm returning to the US for the holidays, for 4 weeks, so I can probably take parts with me to get replaced.

Comment

One more thing. Do you think it would be safe to drive with forward only until I make repairs?

Also if yes, how to disable reverse buzzer?

Comment

Yes you can drive it, start looking on eBay for an IQ controller. Unless you want to replace the transistors? Do you want to sell the old one cheep.

Comment

gaminde,

Have parts schematic and found where to disconnect buzzer. Now going forward pleasantly SLOW!

Seriously interested in learning more about the controller. where do I find the schematic of the controller and do you know how difficult it is to replce the transistors? If it requires clean room PCB soldering, etc then probably too much for me.

Alternativly there is a guy on ebay selling new curtis speed 4 controllers for less than $200? No exchange. It looks like the core is worth $75 to $100 ($300 from official rebuild shop). Make me an offer and I could ship in early January when I return to States after holidays.

Comment

Posted earlier by showkit View Post
              gaminde,

Have parts schematic and found where to disconnect buzzer. Now going forward pleasantly SLOW!

Seriously interested in learning more about the controller. where do I find the schematic of the controller and do you know how difficult it is to replce the transistors? If it requires clean room PCB soldering, etc then probably too much for me.

Alternativly there is a guy on ebay selling new curtis speed 4 controllers for less than $200? No exchange. It looks like the core is worth $75 to $100 ($300 from official rebuild shop). Make me an offer and I could ship in early January when I return to States after holidays.
              under 200 is most likely used
              replacing transistors is tedious at best but can be done with a soldering iron paste and solder. If you can get 75 for it do it.

Comment

Not interested in making much off old controller. You have been very helpful!

I do want to sell the old controller, if I buy the one on ebay. Make me an offer? One shop estimated $20 shipping cost to ship within the US?

Comment

i have a 2000 electric goes foward but no reverse

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X