club car charging light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• club car charging light

hi... im new here, trying to find out some info for a friend.... she has a golf cart,bought it about a year ago.it has a light beneath the key, and she said its always flashed since she had it....assuming it was the batteries, especially after i checked all cells and everyone was bone dry.... i figured that the light was telling her it was shorting out.anyway, she got new batteries, i wired them in for her,

actually, when i flipped the switch back off tow, to run....that light stayed up on fully charged... in a few minutes, it was on the low side flashing again....in about 10 minutes, it started buzzing so i flipped it back to tow till i can find out something so it wont harm the batteries........

and when we went to take the old ones back... i told him about the flashing light, because after installing the new ones it still was flashing....

he said, sounds like you have a wire crossed....so she got him to come chk it out, said it was wired correct.....checked the cables, and the hot wire going to one, was loose.... he crimped it on the connector, and soldered it...

light still flashing.....hooked the charger to it, let it stay over night, till the next night.disconnected charger, still flashing.... turned key off and on.thought this might reset it..... still flashed.....turned it backed to tow.... then back to run..... still flashed..... so put it on tow.

does anyone here know why that light flashes?

any help will be appreaciated.

Put a voltmeter on the battery pack and give us a reading

Comment

Posted earlier by gaminde View Post
      Put a voltmeter on the battery pack and give us a reading

i saw her today, i told her i should have brought my volt meter to check them.
      i will when i go back. today i drove it and it had plenty power..... but the flashing light, and the buzzing was still present,,,, however, i discovered that it only buzzes when you have it flipped to reverse....doesnt do it in neutral or forward.... she said it always
      beeped when backing up.... but this was no beep....
      when i backed it, you could hear the loud buzz and a faint beep beep in the background.she is supposed to call the tech where she got the batteries tomorrow, not sure if he knows whats wrong.

by the way..... how do i check the battery pack, i was going to chk each individual battery as i wasnt sure how to test the pack.
      Updated by sirfredrico; September 14, 2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I don't think you really have a battery problem
        Most likely there is a bad diode on the back side of your battery indicator gauge that is feeding a small amount of current back through the control circuit and since the battery light and reverse buzzer both draw power from the key switch this is causing the the reverse buzzer to sound every time the battery light flashes
        To reset the battery light unhook main battery connections (main negative on battery #6 first , then main positive on battery# 1 next and leave them disconnected for a few min. Then re connect in reverse order). This should reset the light for awhile, but the light will start flashing again unless the diode or entire battery indicator gauge are replaced.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X