92 cc v glide takes off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 cc v glide takes off

My 92 v glide with resistors takes off when you put the cart in forward without pressing the throttle. I bought this thing from a guy who had put 3 12 volt batteries in it and it looks as if he did some shoty wiring. I have a list of problems but I feel that this is the most unsafe. Here are the other problems that I know of:

The cart does not go in reverse.

The key switch is not working. I was checking the key switch and there was no power coming through either wire on the switch as I laid it down it arced on the dash so I recheck it and there was still no power, I checked the dash and found 26v running throught the dash. I have a short somewhere, not sure where to start.

I also replaced the 1 solenoid and the cart would not even go in forward after I replaced it. So, I put the old one back on which I found the housing to be cracked, but at least it goes in forward with that one on.

As far as the cart jumping in forward as soon as you move the switch, I pushed the wiper arm all the way down on the spped control assembly and it still jumps in forward, not sure if it is an adjustment or the actual speed control housing is bad.

Any help or a service manual would be greatly apprecieted.

Well it's a good sign that the cart's rolling, but brace yourself for the cost of replacing those batteries and potentially hiring a pro to sort out the wiring. Hopefully the rest of the cart is in good enough shape to make the investment worthwhile. When it comes to batteries you've got to think of them as the heart of your cart. Without the right setup, you're dead in the water. Right off the bat you'll need in invest in 6 brand new deep cycle lead acid batteries which are specifically designed to handle the demands of electric golf carts. They're built tough to withstand constant use. You've got to make sure you're using the right ones. Size matters, my friend. Make sure you're getting batteries that are compatible with your cart's voltage and power requirements.

Let's talk wiring. It might not be the most exciting part of the job but trust me it's crucial. A good wiring diagram is your best friend here. Take the time to study it, tracing each wire and connector to verify everything is in its rightful place. Look for any signs of wear or damage, and replace as needed. And don't forget to double check your connections, loose wires and bypasses can cause all sorts of headaches down the road. If the thought of untangling that wiring mess has got you breaking out in a cold sweat, sometimes it's best to call in the cavalry. A golf cart shop, lawn mower repair shop, or automotive shop can be your best bet here. A skilled mechanic can take that wiring diagram and get your cart back to its factory setting in no time. From there, troubleshooting becomes a breeze.

Once you get the wiring sorted out and in place, we can't ignore the microswitches and solenoid. Microswitches are like the gatekeepers of your cart's movement. When you press down on the pedal, the pedal microswitch sends a signal to the solenoid, telling it to send power to the motor. Simple, right? Now, when it comes to going forward or reverse, that's where the forward and reverse switch microswitches come into play. These little guys determine the direction of your cart's movement. When you flick the switch, it activates the corresponding microswitch, signaling to the cart whether you want to go forward or backward. When you step on the pedal and send power flowing, the solenoid is the one that actually makes it happen. It's a high current switch that controls the flow of electricity from the batteries to the motor. When you press down on the pedal, the solenoid clicks into action, allowing power to flow through and propel your cart forward. It's a small part, but without it, your cart wouldn't go anywhere. I'm attaching the wiring diagram here, if you have any specific questions feel free to ask!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X