Fried motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fried motor?

I did the unthinkable while installing a rear seat on my 2005 club car DS. I didn't disconnect the batteries while working and dropped a wrench which landed on the F1 and A1 motor terminals shorting out the system. After the small fireworks I disconnected the battery terminals and reconnected. When I try to engage the engine the solenoid clicks, backup buzzer sounds, and the battery indicator light is on but the car doesn't move forward or back. Any ideas what I may have burnt up, Motor? computer? Iv'e been reading about resetting the OBC? Any advice for my stupidity would be appreciated.

First things first: Attach the leads of a DIGITAL voltmeter to the F1 and F2 terminals. The reason for using a digital meter is that the polarity of the field winding will reverse depending on which direction of travel is indicated by the F/R switch. Then activate the accelerator with key on. A voltage should appear between the two terminals. If none the problem is upstream. Do the same between A1 & A2. The polarity will be the same in any mode of travel and should increase as the accelerator pressure is increased. My guess and it is purely a guess is that if you blew anything it was the controller.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X