Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Club Car DS - Not Moving

Hello!

I have a 2006 Club Car DS Electric IQ 48v Regan. Alltrax Dcx 500 controller. Push button F/R.

I just installed newer batteries, the cart has full charge. I hear the solenoid click when I turn the tow/run to either tow or run and when I turn the key on or off, but when I press the go pedal nothing clicks nor does it move. When I first installed the batteries it moved 2ft and stopped working. The alltrax controller blinks green a few times than goes sold and turns off. I have changed also the F/R switch and the MCOR, still no movement.

Any help would be appreciated.

thank you.

Hey there! Let's rewind a bit. How was your cart performing before you popped in those newer batteries? And now, what's the voltage reading for each battery and the total pack voltage? Ideally, we're aiming for each battery to show above 12 volts.
    Regards

Comment

Hello!

The previous owner said it would only run in reverse and by the time I got it sat for so long the batteries were completely dead. The newer batteries are showing above 12v each.

Comment

Posted earlier by ohbarracuda View Post
        Hello!

The previous owner said it would only run in reverse and by the time I got it sat for so long the batteries were completely dead. The newer batteries are showing above 12v each.
        Hello and welcome!

When you press down on that pedal, you should hear a distinctive click sound. That's the solenoid doing its thing. Let's do a thorough check of all your connections. I'm talking about the cables hooked up to the batteries and the motor. Take a close look for any cracks or signs of corrosion around the terminals. Once you've done that, it's time to focus on the smaller connections. Pay special attention to the plug for the FR switch. Check those smaller wires leading to the FR switch as well. Pull off those connections and give them a good onceover for any signs of corrosion as this is common for this year.

Since you've changed the batteries, double check to make sure everything is on point, it's a good idea to reference a wiring diagram. This will help you make sure all connections are where they should be. With the new MCOR and FR switch in place, all wiring checked, and each battery showing over 12 volts, you're ready to move on.

At this stage, you can proceed to test the solenoid or even jump it to rule out any issues there before we turn our attention to the controller.

Comment

Thank you for the information! So the solenoid does not click when I press the go pedal. The solenoid is only clicking when you turn the key on or if I switch the run/tow switch. I will double check all the connections tonight

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X