1996 Club Car, first cart, need assistance/guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Club Car, first cart, need assistance/guidance

I just bought my first golf cart, 1996 Club Car, cheap I think, I paid $700. I don't know a thing about golf carts or what I need to inspect, conduct preventive maintenance on, or replace. I was told that the batteries were 3 yrs old. I checked the water in each of the batteries, all appears full, and the terminal connections are all tight. Other than that, the golf cart was moving up and down a little as I took it around the block as if one of the tires had a lump in it or something, not sure that that was about but I plan on trying to figure that out hopefully with some suggestions from this forum. Also, if you know about carts, I ask: what would you be looking at/for if you had just bought or considering to buy a 1996 club car?

First and foremost are the batteries. You are looking at at least $600 to replace the batteries. Battery voltages are critical as well. 6-6.3 volts is good on the batteries. Tires are not too expensive and available really anywhere. I would also add the condition of the charger to the inspection process as those can run near $400 new.

Comment

personally, a $700 must used for a long time. for the hardware, there might be no big problem. but for the battery, i don't think so. normally, battery after used for 3-5years, they don't work very well. also, it is quite expensive to replace new batteries..

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X