Yamaha G1 blowing fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha G1 blowing fuse

hi am new to this i fix golf carts part time and i am usually pretty good at it but this g1 is giving me real trouble it keeps blowing fuses as soon as you put them in i have used a test light with one end one the gound battery post and the light lights up as soon and u touch the frame but i can not find any bare wires if you have any ideas please help could it be a problem with the starter as well
    Updated by golfer boy 27; July 6, 2009, 05:36 PM.

I moved your post to a new thread.

On your problem you must make sure that the solenoid and connections are all hooked up correct and are clean. You also have to check the starter generator connections, since the G1 are infamous for corroding terminals.
    Regards

Comment

I had the same problem and it drove me crazy trying to find it. Mine was a small wire along the fender from the solenoid that was rubbing the fender. The fender had a crack in it allowing it to flex which rubbed the back of wire. You couldn't see the break in the coating of the wire but I had moved it around enough looking for the problem that it started working then when I touched the fender it would flex and blow the fuse, that is how I actually found the short. Mine was blowing the fuse on the ground side.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X