Forum Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

run faster

Collapse
This is a sticky topic. Sticky topics are carefully selected for their exceptional quality and relevance. These topics stand out for providing valuable insights, comprehensive information, and expert guidance on the subject matter. When you see this message, you're accessing top tier content that has been curated to deliver the most relevant and insightful information available.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• run faster

hi, I bought a Yamaha "The Drive" (Gas), how can I make it go faster?
    I do not know much about golf carts, so the only thing I have tried so far, is to tighten the screw vaijer between gas and clutch, it resulted in 5 more mph, but it starts with a little jump, I guess it is too high rpm when the clutch starts drag?

I live in Sweden so it's a bit hard to find parts,
    Perhaps you also know any shop that can send the parts here?

thanks

ps. sorry for my bad English

Here's a trick to boost your engine's power without messing with those annoying throttle cables, installing larger tires or buying a speed spring. Imagine zooming down the road with your engine roaring at full blast. that's the kind of excitement we're talking about here!

First, if your engine's governor is already cranked up, just loosen the 10mm nut to bring it back to its regular setting. It's a quick step but an important one to start things off right.

Next, take off that black plastic rear access cover and anything else in the way. We're about to get down to business.

Check out the lower part of the governor (pic attached). You'll see a bolt with a 10mm nut, that's what we're aiming for. Loosen that bolt to give yourself some space to lift the governor up about 1/4 of an inch off the shaft. You'll notice that its D-shaped. Grab a 5/16 drill bit and get ready to round out the bracket hole. Drill it so that the bracket spin freely on the shaft.

Once everything's back in place, add a bit of lock tight to the bolt. This makes sure everything stays where it should be. And just like that, you've unlocked the full power of your engine, no restrictions, no hassle.

With the governor removed, it's important to exercise caution and avoid flooring the throttle when going downhill.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X