G9 Gas Engine Timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G9 Gas Engine Timing

I didn't get a reply with a solution to my previous post. See previous post below.

I recently purchased a G9 cart that had been sitting for quite a while. It had water in gas tank. I drained gas tank, put on new carburetor, intake, and fuel pump, adjusted valves, put in new plug. Cart fires up fine when cold and runs fine as long as you keep running. When you stop when it is hot it doesn't want to start back up. It even pops and back fires some of the time. You can let it sit for a few minutes and it will fire right off and run fine again, until you stop again. I have run out of ideas. Does anyone know of things that I need to try next to get this problem solved.

I have a little dog that is paraplegic and cannot use his back legs, and he loves to ride the golf cart. I try to ride him at least once around the block every evening. The back firing scares him pretty badly, need to get fixed.

Thanks for your help, Jim

I was wondering if the ignition timing was adjustable on this engine and how to do it, and if that could be my problem. Also, someone suggested to me that the muffler might be partially clogged up since I am smelling a strange odor when it gets hot. I smell it some when riding, especially since putting windshield on cart, but mostly after stopping. Could this be causing the problem, and is there a way to repair without buying a new muffler.

I have drained and cleaned gas tank, put on new carburetor, new spacer between carburetor and engine, new fuel pump, new gas line, new spark plug, and adjusted valves. I have checked air filter and made sure air filter box is sealing. I need suggestions on what to do next.

Thanks again, Jim
    lightman45 Posts: 3 Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:58 pm

Posted earlier by lightman45 View Post
    I didn't get a reply with a solution to my previous post. See previous post below.

I recently purchased a G9 cart that had been sitting for quite a while. It had water in gas tank. I drained gas tank, put on new carburetor, intake, and fuel pump, adjusted valves, put in new plug. Cart fires up fine when cold and runs fine as long as you keep running. When you stop when it is hot it doesn't want to start back up. It even pops and back fires some of the time. You can let it sit for a few minutes and it will fire right off and run fine again, until you stop again. I have run out of ideas. Does anyone know of things that I need to try next to get this problem solved.

I have a little dog that is paraplegic and cannot use his back legs, and he loves to ride the golf cart. I try to ride him at least once around the block every evening. The back firing scares him pretty badly, need to get fixed.

Thanks for your help, Jim

I was wondering if the ignition timing was adjustable on this engine and how to do it, and if that could be my problem. Also, someone suggested to me that the muffler might be partially clogged up since I am smelling a strange odor when it gets hot. I smell it some when riding, especially since putting windshield on cart, but mostly after stopping. Could this be causing the problem, and is there a way to repair without buying a new muffler.

I have drained and cleaned gas tank, put on new carburetor, new spacer between carburetor and engine, new fuel pump, new gas line, new spark plug, and adjusted valves. I have checked air filter and made sure air filter box is sealing. I need suggestions on what to do next.

Thanks again, Jim
    lightman45 Posts: 3 Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:58 pm
    try looking at the igniter

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X