G1 voltage regulator substitute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G1 voltage regulator substitute

Is there a solid state replacement for a Hitachi T107-23? It goes on a 1982 G1. The aftermarket mechanical ones don't seem to hold up.

When it comes to sorting out voltage regulator issues like the one you're experiencing with your G1 there are a couple of key things to consider. First off, double checking to ensure that your grounds are clean and solid is essential. Sometimes, even the smallest buildup of dirt or corrosion can throw things off. Additionally, it's a good idea to double check the voltage output from the starter motor to make sure its not over outputting.

Now, as for finding a solid state replacement, it can be a bit of a challenge. One thing you might consider is mounting any new voltage regulator in a spot where it'll stay cool or get some fresh air to help prevent overheating. While I don't have a specific solid state replacement in mind for the G1, you might have luck checking out junkyards for older cars from the 60s-70s with a similar setup. Sometimes, you can find compatible parts that way. Alternatively, if you can get assistance from someone at AutoZone, they might be able to help match an automotive grade voltage regulator for added reliability.

Comment

Thanks for that info. Connections look good and the starter/generator is new and putting out correct voltage. It seems the regulators last a few months and then quit allowing any voltage to battery. I'm on the third one now and they all last about the same amount of time. Cart is just used to putter around yard and is garage kept. I'll check with automotive parts stores and see if they can recommend anything. Thanks again.

Comment

Update. Took cover off regulator and found that the screw that adjust points on electromagnet had slipped allowing no gap. Readjusted and tightened and now charging as should. I would guess same problem with other failures, as they all looked like they were made by same company.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X