g2 misfire help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g2 misfire help

g2 wont start, big misfire! flames out the carb. checked flywheel and woodruf key is ok. all wire check out good grounds too. any help?
    Updated by kido; February 10, 2012, 01:15 AM.

Did you get access to the manual?
    Have you found your problem?
    When was the last time this cart ran?

Comment

i got access to the manual and it ran a few months ago. ill do testing today

Comment

If I had to guess, it would be either carburetor is way dirty and worn out inside (needs rebuild) and valves are way off.
        Regards

Comment

replaced coil, plug, igniter, cleaned carb. ohm tested pickup (ok) woodruff key on flywheel is good. all wiring looks ok.
          still misfires! I hooked up my timing light and it is strobbing supper fast! like 6-8 times faster than it should... full advanced spark? only thing I haven't replaced is the pickup. could faulty wiring be suspect. It sparks like this with the new and old parts...

Comment

I am now told after 10 hrs of work that it ran great before he replaced the starter/generater. after the repair it will not run.... must be wiring problem, im so done with working on this thing. any help would be appreciated.

Comment

love how helpful this site is! so many knowledgeable people!..........NOT!

Comment

Maybe the cart is fine and its just user error...
                Regards

Comment

yeah right! user error.... and what auto tech degree led you to that diagnosis?
                  For anyone who actually cares about fixing there cart with a similar problem my findings are that the ground circuit has a short to power somewhere, the ground fuse gets blown when you press the accelerator and then the ground circuit runs around 8 volts grounding thru one of the components. this in turn causes a ripple threw the ground circuit and to the igniter. Which makes a very fast and week spark. you may think this is a bad ignitor, its not! find the short and problem solved. fix that matti!
                  Updated by Michael Eddie; March 1, 2012, 06:54 PM. Reason: Removed name calling

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X