1987 Ezgo brake adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 Ezgo brake adjustment

Still battling brake adjustment on my 1987 ezgo marathon, new cables, shoes ,springs and drums. I have no adjustment star wheel screw on this design which is very confusing to me, especially seeing just about every illustration showing brake assembly's around this era all with star wheels. One thing I noticed this time around after tearing brakes apart for the fourth time, Not sure how I missed this before, on the top side of the assembly on the back side is what seems like a stud screw sticking straight out from the assembly, I can turn this with my fingers. It would enter into the top portion on the other side where the top of the brake shoes sit in. Just asking could this be my my adjustment point? I have never seen anything like this online. Seems if you turn the stud in maybe it works off some sort of cam where the top of the shoes fit in. Just cant believe i dont see one design like this online showing this stud adjustment at the top. All along I was focusing on the bottom where the slide is and the cable hooks in on the back.
Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X