2007 Ezgo 48V Workhorse does not move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Ezgo 48V Workhorse does not move

New to this site and thanks for the opportunity to ask a question. I have a 2007 Ezgo MPT1000 48V that does not want to move. I have been having this trouble from time to time. I would be riding along and all of a sudden, it would quit running. I have 48V at the battery and at the solenoid. When I turn the key, I can get the lights to come on when the key switch is on the light position. I do not get a "click" when I have the key on and the F/R switch is activated. Got any ideas?
    Updated by rickrodt; August 27, 2013, 12:48 PM.

Check all high current cables between the batteries and to the controller and motor. remove and wire brush battery post if they look corroded and replace cables if they need to be. The controller should have a signal light that may have 2 flashes then 5 flashes and repeat the code. label on contoller cover will tell you what the flashes mean.

Comment

Posted earlier by wthompson View Post
      Check all high current cables between the batteries and to the controller and motor. remove and wire brush battery post if they look corroded and replace cables if they need to be. The controller should have a signal light that may have 2 flashes then 5 flashes and repeat the code. label on controller cover will tell you what the flashes mean.

I did see the flashes on the controller, it is flashing 5 times, over and over again. From the troubleshooting chart, it is either overheating or lack of voltage. I checked voltage to all the cables, 50V at batteries, solenoid. When I turn the key on and use the F/R switch, it shows 12V, then nothing, then 12V when using the F/R switch. When the cart was in operation, you could hear the solenoid "click" when going to Forward or Reverse. Now I hear nothing. The cart worked fine when I put it away the other day, came out to move it and nothing.

Thanks for responding so fast. I have ordered a 48V solenoid.

Comment

After troubleshooting the problem, I ordered a new 48V solenoid. It arrived today, replaced the solenoid, cleaned off all the terminals that go to the unit and now it is back in service. The solenoid did the trick!

Thanks,
        Rick

Comment

glad to hear you got it going and posted what you did to repair it.!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X