EZ-Go doesn't go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZ-Go doesn't go

A friend has a TXT with a 36 volt system at a local auto repair shop. He took it in because he could not get it to move in forward or reverse. They have not been able to fix it so I decided I would look at it.
    First thing when I got on it if I put in in forward and shake that particular switch it may start to move once or twice and than stop, it will not go in reverse
    I noticed the battery cable had some corrosion and than with a voltage check I only got 33.5 volts.
    Before I go any farther is the 33.5 volts a problem or should I look else where. I told him he needs to clean all cables and than check each battery voltage and than again as a whole 36 volt system.
    Also the owner recently pulled another cart with it and I wonder id he didn't damage the motor.

Thank You

will it charge? 33 volts is borderline to the car even moving. by wiggling the F & R switch is that when the car moved a bit? if so the switch is bad. clean up all the cables and try to charge it. that way you know your starrting off with full voltage. as far as pulling stuff with it i wouldn't recomend it, seen many folks burn their rides up tryin to help someone else. its a little differant if you have an upgraded motor. a stock motor is usually 2.8 to 3.2 hp.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X