1967-1979 EZgo Negative Battery Terminal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1967-1979 EZgo Negative Battery Terminal

I'm the new owner (sucker) of an older EZgo cart. It is in very good shape and guaranteed to run well, but came without batterys. When I went to hook up the batterys, the wire from the negative came loose and I cannot see where it was attached to the cart. Help anyone?

Can you give us the layout of the cart? I guess it's a coil cart from what you say.

This may help if it's factory.

sigpic
    I'm here to help!
    There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

I was wrong, the wire that is loose is from the Positive terminal--the batterys are oriented opposite from the diagram with the Positive terminal on the right side as you face forward. I think it was attached to a solenoid but the post seems very loose. This is a very early pre-1979 model. Yes, it has a coil.

Comment

The terminal was indeed from the solenoid, so I replaced it and all other 6ga wiring. The cart runs great--for what it is intended, puttering across the street to the mailbox, taking out trash and transport over 1 acre of lawn and garden. There is a buzzer that goes off when I put the indicator to Reverse, but it stops after the cart starts moving. Is this normal, or should the buzzer sound all the time in reverse. Thank you so much for the diagram--very helpful!

Comment

The buzzer should sound as long as the cart is in reverse. Shouldn't matter if it's moving are not.
          sigpic
          I'm here to help!
          There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X