Max Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Speed

I am new to the forum, but couldn't find information on this topic anywhere. I have an `04 E-Z-Go PDS (with the chip installed). I just got a fresh set of Trojan 105's and upgraded to 2ga batt. cables. Everything else is stock, for now, until more moneys comes in. I just use the cart to run the kids around the neighborhood, so there is no rush to upgrade anything for performance reasons at this time. On the last few rides we have taken I noticed the cart won't go over 18mph, not even while going down hill. Is this normal, is there some sort of speed reducer/limiter that I don't know about? If there is, is there a way around this. I am not looking to reach mach1 speed, but if there is a way to get around it it would be nice.

There are some that do slow down and some that don't. Mine doesn't slow down at all. I to have a 04 PDS well I did until this past Nov.

You can shave the magnet to on the bckside of the motor under the senor also.

Do you have the stock controller are a aftermarket one? If you by chance have a Alltrax it maybe set for regan braking.
    sigpic
    I'm here to help!
    There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Everything is stock right now. I haven't even begun to look at aftermarket upgrades "under the hood" yet. Do you have to remove the motor to get at this magnet? I'll look up the schematics...I may just have to deal with it for now. Thanks for the info!!

Comment

No, but it's a lot easier to do with it removed. Take the senor off of the driver side of the motor. The magnet is kept in place with a torque head screw. take it out and shave the magnet down then replace.
        sigpic
        I'm here to help!
        There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X