elect. motor runs but wont move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elect. motor runs but wont move

My ezgo motor is turning but all i get is a whining sound and cart wont move. Is rearend shot or could this be a simple fix? Same sound and no movement in forward or reverse.
    Updated by mls3857; February 8, 2012, 03:26 AM.

If the motor is turning then you most likely have a stripped a couple of teeth off the drive gear. gear sets run about 200 give or take and rear ends run 150 and up. you can install them yourself. mind you it is not easy to strip off teeth unless your cart has beefed up electronics
    IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
    sigpic

Comment

Hold on, it maybe the hub striped. Jack the cart up and look at the hub nut. See if it spins with the pedal pressed down and the wheel doesn't. It maybe just the brake hub.

Looking at cart the nut that holds in on the axile. Have some one press the gas and see if just the nut turns. If so it's the hub splines are gone.
      sigpic
      I'm here to help!
      There is no substitute for Voltage!

Comment

I'm inclined to go with Andy's idea of the stripped hub as it's a pretty common problem on Ezgos.
        As dwon said these are pretty beefy rear gears and I have never seen one go bad enough to tear off teeth.
        Updated by dougmcp; February 8, 2012, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks to everyone! I've already had it fixed and it was the hub stripped. Again thanks for the input!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Glad to hear it's fixed.
            It's important to torque the axle nut to at least 90 lbs or it will strip again, check to make sure this was done.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            X