Need Advice On A Lifted Ezgo Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice On A Lifted Ezgo Cart

Hey guys I just purchased a lifted EZGO cart. Has a 6 inch lift with wheels and tires. Its something I am using for hunting. The cart bounces really bad when I drive it. I was just wondering if this is common on the EZGO after they are lifted? I noticed the front tires are tweaked in so this is definently causing the rough ride. I am just wondering if this can be adjusted?

first what year cart, when you say tweaked in are refering to comber or toe in and then bumpy as in rough or real bouncy. can you post a/some pictures
    IF WE CAN'T HELP OTHERS THEN WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE ARE WE
    sigpic

Comment

2002 cart. 36v Series motor. Toe in and bouncy to rough. I have to really keep my hands on the wheel. I feel it more on the pavement which makes sense.

Comment

Change the toe in. Its going to be comber.

Comment

I would say +5 degrees camber.

Comment

camber is top /bottom angle of the tire which i don't think you can do any thing about and the toe in is front /rear angle of the tire adjust the steering linkages eihter in or out most likely out to correct the toe-in and buoncy condotion on pavement i need to know what type of tire is on the cart 2ply , 4ply or like a baloon style ? the picture pionts out the center drag link in my marethon. you should have 2 steering links on your cart also the type of tire on pavement will cause it to feel bumpy/rough if you have agresive mud slinging tread pattern on them second picture
            Attached Files
            Updated by dwon5; February 7, 2012, 09:23 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

They are probably toe in slightly. I will try adjusting the linkages. Should I jack it up and take the tires off before adjusting the linkages. I am a rookie at this but I would assume I would need to do that. I am not too sure about the ply I will check it. Thanks for the help DWON5. I really appreciate it.

Comment

They are 4 ply tires DWON 5

Comment

no leave them on measure center of the tire rear side front tires and the same for the front side of the tires the measure ment should be the same if not then you'll want to turn both linkages the same amout of turns or you'll thro off your alignment and dog track (go down the road sideways) also if the tires look like the ones in the picture or something close then they will ride rough on pavement
                  Attached Files
                  Updated by dwon5; February 7, 2012, 10:54 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

Posted earlier by easttexasbucks View Post
                      Thanks for the help
                      that's what we're here for
                      sigpic

Comment

One last question DWON5? SHould I jack it up before I crank on the linkages with the tires still on or just leave her set on the pavement?

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        X