1996 ezgo golf cart top and supports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 ezgo golf cart top and supports

Hi all, I picked up a used 1996 ezgo electic golf cart on craigslist. I was gien the top and supports. I tried putting together this weekend. Front support was a no brainer. The back supports to not make sense. I think they are the wrong
    supports. Does anybody hae a stock picture on how the back support look and where they tie into the golf cart body Pictures would be a huge help.

thanks

Congrats on the purchase.
    Does it look like the one on the right?

The 1996 and up rear roof supports fasten into the seat back supports.
    Updated by dougmcp; August 30, 2011, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Yes that is the one. Where do I find these? How much should I pay?

Comment

I assume you're in San Jose, CA, why not go to an Ezgo dealer in your area and look at one.

Here's the Ezgo guy in San Jose:
        AJ Golf Car Center

2981 S. King Road
        San Jose, CA 95122
        Tel: 408-274-7742

He will like have any parts you need as he rents carts and should have lots of wrecked carts there.

Comment

I am in San jose , and thank you for that info. that is a great help to me. I love this forum. Everyone has been so helpful.

Comment

Allow me to speak on behalf of all of us and say we appreciate that Mark, glad to help
            Updated by dougmcp; September 2, 2011, 11:58 AM. Reason: Typo
            Regards

Comment

My son went to AJ golf cart center yesterday. He picked up the set of supports i needed.
              they had a used set. they sold to my son for 20.00. What a deal. They have already been installed. I lore it when a plan comes together. thanks again

Comment

Glad it all worked out for you Mark and thanks for posting the success story.
                So where's the photos of your cart?

Comment

Getting there. Put stereo in the dash, and hooked up the volt meter. We also got the correct supports on and have canopy on now. A few things left. I have seat skins on order. I got the totune white and blue. should get them around the twelve of Sept.
                  I really need to repalce the batteries. They do not hold a charge for more then an hour.
                  So question to you is. who has the best deal on Trojan T105 batteries in the San Jose area. I also too would like to get one of those split windows. Is there anybody that sells them for less then 85.00

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the cart with all the new mods, will you be posting a photo?
                    An hour of run time is low but not too bad.
                    How old are your current batteries?
                    Maybe you just have one bad one.
                    Can you get a voltage reading of all your batteries after a charge and resting for a couple of hours?

If you need new batteries, 6v GC batteries with nearly the same specs as the Trojans are at Sam's Club for about $80 each, I use them and swear by them.
                    IMO, the key to battery life and performance is good maintenance.
                    • Charge new batteries before using them.
                    • Charge each time you have more than 30 minutes of pedal time.
                    • Check battery condition monthly.
                    • Always use distilled water and only fill to 1/4"-1/2" above the plates.
                    • Keep the cables clean and tight.

Comment

doug, If I replace all six batteries with new batteries. What is the estimate on how long cart will run on full charge. Is it 2 hours,3 hours, etc?

Comment

Posted earlier by mark niemann View Post
                        doug, If I replace all six batteries with new batteries. What is the estimate on how long cart will run on full charge. Is it 2 hours,3 hours, etc?
                        At full throttle, drawing about 75amps-80amps, I would guess it would be about 1 1/2 hours or about 30 miles at 20mph.

Comment

Posted earlier by mark niemann View Post
                          They will run for what they are made for (18 holes of golf)
                          Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          X