Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Gas, no electric??

Hello all,
    I'm an electrician on industrial, commercial, and residential. I can follow a schematic, which I finally found here. My nieghbor bought a 19994 gas cart, and it will not start. Nothing electrical seems to work. NO headlights either. I have trace out the circuitry before I found a shcematic here. I have power to goround at every switch it seems, but nothing is pulling in the solenoid. I even disconnected the solenoid coil wiring, and hotwired it straight to the battery. It still did not pull in. My buddy installed a new generator/starter as it was not working. He fired it up, went forwards and backwards around his property a few times, and when backing up, everything went dead. Nothing at all. I checked power at ignition. Good. turn switch on, goes through to other wiring. Any thoughts. Now that I have a schematic, I may be able to figure it out, but thought I'd throw this out for others who may be expereincing the same issues.

Doug B.

After reading my post, I think I'm too long winded and the popst was not clear.

Original problem was cart would not start. You turn the key on, depress the pedal, solenoid would click but not turn the engine. My buddy took it down to cart mechanic, and was told the starter/generator was no good. He installed a new one, and started it. He moved it forward and backward a few times, and when backing it up, it shut down. Nothing seems to have worked since. I simply checked power/switches from the key switch out following the power. I never was able to get a 12vdc reading at the solenoid. The micro switches all seemed to "transfer" power at the shifter position, and the throttle micro switch position. Hope that clears it up a bit. Thanks for looking, and even more so if someone responds.

I ohmed out the coil on the starter solenoid, I believe it was around 24.8 ohms.

Doug B

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up. I assume you checked the fuse?? Let me know and we will go from there.
      Regards

Comment

Hey Matti,
        I checked the four fuses under the seat. Is there one someplace else that might not be shown on the shchematic? Thanks for your time.

Doug B.

Comment

Hey Matti,
          I also forgot the VIN number which I am sure will help you with toher vital information. Here it is, AG9438403050.
          Doug

Comment

Sorry, I missed your post. There is a 10 amp fuse where the solenoid is. Ill assume you checked this one. With a fully charged battery try jumping the solenoid, if it turns over, replace it. If not, when you shift into reverse do you hear the reverse buzzer?
            Regards

Comment

Hey Matti,
              Would I unhook the other two wires to the solenoid coil? The cart is down the street, but I will try and go down and give it a look in a bit. I did check the fuses. There were four in a little block. Assuming those are the ones that contain the 10amp you pointed out. I pulled them all, and not only visually checked them, but ohmed them out as well. Also, the reverse buzzer does work whn shifted to reverse.

Doug

Comment

Check the microswitches, specifically the one that sends the voltage to the solenoid which engages the starter.
                Regards

Comment

Hey Matti,
                  My buddy just finished changing out all three micro switches. I jumped the solenoid coil, and the first try all it did was click. With the negative side grounded, when I turned on the key, it pulled in with the shifter in the nuetral position, and the camfor same in the "normal" position. With the key off, and a remote button starter swtich installed, it pulled in, and turned the motor. Only once did it turnover the engine with the foot pedal depressed in forward. The headlights also will not come on with the key on, and the new switch pulled out. The green and white wire appear to be reversed on the nuetral lock out switch, although the common, no, and nc are on the bottom so I cannot see what position they are really in. After trying a ferw times, the starter/generator would not turn at all, and the solenoid would only click. That si where we are today. Thanks for more info.

Doug B.

Comment

Ok let me backtrack a sec. So before the microswitch switch you had nothing, just a reverse beeper. Now you changed the microswitches and you get a click? If so try to jump the solenoid again. By the way, during diagnosis I would defiantly undo all the rewiring including the headlamps if they are not factory for now since a bad wiring job could be causing the problem too.
                    Regards

Comment

Matti,
                      He installed the micro switches yesterday before I came by. I dropped off my battery charger to amek sure the battery is up to the task. I plan on going back by later today and see what we come up with. I will unhook the wiring on the switches to determine which contacts are what, and then I will hook up the wiring once again to see what happens after the battery is fullly charged. Once again, I'll get back to you.

Doug

Comment

yep let me know
                        Regards

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        X