95 ds chugs hard starting uphill.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 ds chugs hard starting uphill.

This is my first golf cart however I owned a scooter and know how the clutch system works. My belt seems to be in good shape. Everything of course looks fine and moves properly when in service mode and I run the engine. On level it starts moving perfectly. Facing uphill it starts chugging real hard. Any suggestions? Or might I be dealing with low compression from my engine?

I noticed mine doing the same thing awhile back and it smelled like unburnt gas.... after doing some digging I noticed that m pulse line that goes from your fuel pump to the crank case had been cut so many time that it was so tight it barley reached end to end. I replace with a longer hose and a back flow preventer. I was dumping gas into my crank up hill and when I stopped. a good way to check if this is your issue is you pull your oil dip stick and if it smells like unspent gas that's when I would start. no where on the internet did anyone have a solution to this so I'm trying to put it out there for anyone who has the same issue because this seems to be a common issue. but chugging could be multiple other things.

Comment

I have a 2000.5 DS gasser at a campground with tons of huge hills! The stock clutch spring just wouldn’t do it. I swapped it with low torque spring and it just scoots up the hills now with zero issue and power to spare. Can’t even really tell on the flats either. Easy upgrade that is so worth it in the end. Here’s a link….
      When you need to acquire golf cart parts like the Club Car DS Upgraded Power Spring, do it easy and get it from Buggies Unlimited. You will save lots of money.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X