02 gas club car ds will only idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 gas club car ds will only idle

New on here so any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Having a problem with my 2002 gas Club Car ds.
    It will only idle when I step on the gas. Will not go forward even if I press the gas pedal to the floor. Is engaged in forward gear.
    Is not the battery because I killed the old battery by trying to repeatedly get it going one day. Bought new battery and tried starting it with new battery on charger and it would still only idle. Is not fuel pump or clog because disconnected fuel line from carb and pressed gas pedal and gas came out at a good rate.
    Before it completely stopped going I was driving it at average speed and it stopped running back to idle with gas pedal to floor. So sat idling for two or three minutes with gas pedal to floor and it started driving normal again for rest of ride. When I got it to my garage it would not shut off for about 30 seconds even after taking foot completely off gas pedal and removing key.
    The air filter, spark plug, oil and filter, battery, and air box to carb hose were all recently replaced by me. Is not improper install of part because cart ran fine for quite some time before the idling issue.
    Should I replace the coil/igniter?

Something has plugged the main jet inside the carburetor. Does it rev a bit when the choke is pulled. Or something has happened to the throttle linkage

Comment

When you replaced the fuel line some small piece of crude was knocked loose and into the float bowl plugging the main jet. Clean the fuel pump and fuel filter, the carb will have to come off and clean the jets.

Comment

So you think it's a fuel problem (carb) and not electrical (coil)?
        Had problem before I pulled fuel line off carb and fuel line and pump were not clogged because it was pumping when I had it disconnected. Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with linkage. Can clean carb and jets and give it try or buy new carb.
        Only think it is coil because other people that posted a thread with similar problem seemed to solve it by replacing coil.

Comment

Doubt its a ignition problem if it idles and has spark or is it just running off the starter motor. Cleaning the carb costs nothing but some time and is pretty easy, a new carb is about $200.00. Guess you need to know if it has spark. Some mistake idling for the starter turning the motor and it is not running. Fuel flow to the carb is quite a bit different than fuel flow inside the carb, many very small holes plug up easily.

Comment

I'll try cleaning the carb over the weekend and let you know if it worked. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Carb was not problem. Replaced coil and cart now starts and runs but will not shut off after letting off gas completely and removing key. Have to pull plug boot off plug to kill it. Maybe the rev limiter? Any ideas?

Comment

Sorry bud, that one is over my pay grade, hope someone else has an answer for you.

Comment

If your club car ds continues to run even after turning off the ignition switch, it indicates a grounding problem. Inspect the ignition kill wire, identified as white with a black tracer, located along the passenger side of the engine.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  X