2000 club car ds problems starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 club car ds problems starting

I have a 2000 club car ds gas. this all started last year when the cart would run for 9 holes than pretty much not start(although it would turn over)
    started with the centrifugal clutch and changed it, same out come...good for 9-12 holes then no start. if I wait 5-10 minutes it starts and runs. more holes the longer the wait.
    next I changed fuel pump,filters and carburator. actually much harder to start now. changed ignition coil...no change. tested plug with spark plug in it and left on metal whilst starting.....nice blue spark.. compression tested to 150psi
    im baffled.. not a mechanic for diagnosing but can follow youtube instructions for swapping well enough. also changed 4 micro switches to no avail..the previous owner stated they messed with governor to gain speed..not sure what method.it is possible to start by either putting in service mode and flooring the pedal and manually manipulating the throttle to close the carb as much as possible and doing tiny pulls on it OR in drive mode, barely pushing down the pedal and feathering it for a little bit. once it is running it runs very well. I can even release the pedal as if to slow or stop and hit the pedal again before the engine is completely off and it fires right back up. the only thing I can think of now is the throttle cable or something. sorry for the long question and description. any suggestion appreciated. thanks
Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X