All kinds of issues! Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All kinds of issues! Please Help!

I need some help please. I've got a 96 club car, and its been acting real goofy lately. All of the sudden, it will turn the engine over when the shifter is in neutral and the pedal is pushed, but there is no spark in neutral. It also keeps running at an idle when I let off the pedal. As soon as I turn off the key or put it in neutral and back it stops. I have tried the maint. mode thing and it is not that, and I have changed out a few micro switches and have pretty much ruled that out. I know that a bad solenoid will make it diesel, but will that also cause it to roll the engine over in neutral. It seems to be starting harder as well, and sometimes it'll only start with the throttle barely pushed down. It'll just roll over and over with the throttle pegged and as soon as I let off the throttle it'll take off almost at the top of the throttle. Once it is warmed up it seems to run great. I'm very confused, please help! Thanks.
    Updated by neub7; September 19, 2012, 05:05 PM.

Given the symptoms you've described, it sounds like there might be a significant wiring problem at play. It may be necessary to meticulously inspect every connection with the help of a wiring diagram to restore proper order.

The issue of the cart running in neutral is related to the microswitches. These switches, including the pedal switch and shift lever switches, play roles in the cart's operation. The pedal switch is activated when the pedal is pressed, allowing current to flow to the solenoid, thus engaging the starter motor. The shift lever switches, on the other hand, detect the position of the shifter and verify that the cart can only start in forward or reverse. If these switches are faulty or misaligned, it could explain why the cart is running in neutral while shifted out of gear.

When the key switch is turned to the "ON" position, it sends power to the micro switches located on the accelerator pedal and gear shifter. The pedal micro switch activates when the pedal is pressed, while the gear shifter micro switch ensures the cart can only start when in gear with the key switch on.

When both the key switch and appropriate micro switches are activated, they signal the solenoid to engage. The solenoid acts as a high current relay, essentially serving as a gatekeeper for the electrical circuit between the battery and starter motor. When energized, the solenoid's internal contacts close, allowing electricity from the battery to flow through the solenoid and into the starter motor. This initiates the cranking of the engine, allowing the cart to start. Here is the wiring diagram for the 1996 club car ds gas, if you have any questions feel free to ask!
    Updated by Michael Eddie; yesterday.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X