camshaft removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camshaft removal?

first time working on a 2000 fe 350. i have to replace the camshaft. does it just pull out? i tried but it will not come out. is there something holding it in ? i am a pretty good mechanic, i haven't worked on this engine before. also on car engine you should replace the lifters,does the same hold true for this engine?

Posted earlier by jas4613 View Post
    first time working on a 2000 fe 350. i have to replace the camshaft. does it just pull out? i tried but it will not come out. is there something holding it in ? i am a pretty good mechanic, i haven't worked on this engine before. also on car engine you should replace the lifters,does the same hold true for this engine?
    Once you remove everything around it, you need to tap it out with a wood post or something that will not hurt it, but it does slide out through the hole in the side.
    Regards

Comment

If the lifters are worn out, replace them. If you are going to replace the seals, you will have to replace the rings as well. One will just blow the other out if not done in sequence. Keep notes on all the dots and alignments on the camshaft and crankshaft. Always put in new gaskets, never reuse.
      Regards

Comment

Thanks for you;re help. Ihave another question. do i tap out the camshaft from the fly wheel side, if so does the fly wheel have to be removed ? ther is a small plate right by the flywheel with 2 bolts .can i remove the plate without removing the flywheel to tap out the cam?Also how do you relieve the valvespring pressure to remove the cam? THANKS for all of you;re help sincerly, jas4613 novice carter.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        X