Wiring assistance requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring assistance requested

I need help! I bought a used club car precedent, gas. It has an aftermarket body/light kit. I'm upgrading the lights to led with blinkers and brakes. Whoever did the work prior to me hacked the wiring harness. I have the replacement plug to rebuild but I need to know which holes the wires go into for the 9 pin lighting harness; I currently have 9 loose wires.
    The new kit has different color wires so I can't just match it up.
    I have diagrams but htey don't indicate which wires go into which holes in the plug.
    If anyone can get me a couple pictures showing the wires going into the plug it would be a huge help.
    The plug is behind the dash panel that comes off with 3 screws. It is the male 9-pin coming from the main harness. (This image is a screenshot from a youtube video. )

Assistance is greatly appreciated!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 1 photos.

Hey, the MJ wiring kit diagram *should* be coded for the original setup in your cart, I know that 2008.5 and up required an additional bucket harness which usually powers the tail lights, before that 2004 - 2008 gas and electric typically used the same harness. Let me know if this helps and if you happen to have the exact year of your precedent

You do not have permission to view this gallery.

If you are a guest, you may be required to Log In or Sign Up to view.

This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I appreciate it but I my new kit is specifically for a gas cart and designed to plug straight into the 9 wire gas lighting harness.

Comment

Quick question: do you happen to know what color the 9 loose wires are, and are they the original colors/wires? Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the plug myself, but maybe someone else here can chime in on that.

Comment

Yes, the 9 loose wires are the OE wires.
          I made some progress, I found a diagram for the signal harness and decided to take the wrapping off of the aftermarket light harness so I could trace the wires from the turn signal connector to the 9 pin on the other side of the light harness. That allowed me to identify 4 of the wires. Then I did some diagram searching and found the attached diagram. The colors are different but now that I unwrapped the aftermarket harness I am able to trace them to the various components and identify them. Screen Shot 2024-04-02 at 5.04.11 PM.png

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X