06 Club Car DS spark issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 Club Car DS spark issues

Hello, I have a 06 CC DS with a kawasaki engine. It started having intermittent spark issues and the ignitor coil assembly, micro switches and ignition switch have been replaced. Issues continued. I then cut the brown wire at the rpm limiter with no result. Disconnected the white/ black wire and spark came back. It turns over a few seconds before it starts and does start and run but it also doesn't shut off when it comes to a stop. Sometimes it dies and sometimes I have to pull the plug wire. All the grounds have been checked also. Has anyone run into this problem before? I hate to drop more money parts swapping so I'm hoping for some suggestions. Thanks for any help

Almost the same problem. Buggy had issues with skipping, stopping, starting. Was advised to remove ground from rpm limiter. It worked, ran great for a couple of years. Now I am having spark problems. I have discovered that when it won't fire, if I ground the other wire of the rpm limiter it will spark and start. Have bypassed micro switches, cleaned engine ground. Tested key switch. I am beginning to think its the coil. Any comments. Once it starts it runs fine. Go figure.

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    X