Surging when driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surging when driving

I have a 94' club car with the 290 engine. It starts and runs ok. The issue is when I accelerate it comes up to speed and then surges harshly. It seems like the governor needs some adjustment. This surging continues until you let off the gas pedal. I would like to tame this surge down. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

sounds like the governor slowing it down. is the cart new to you?

Comment

Posted earlier by wthompson View Post
      sounds like the governor slowing it down. is the cart new to you?
      Yes, I got it on a trade deal. Had been sitting for several months ( like eight or more). I cleaned fuel tank and replaced all fuel lines and filters. It starts and runs good. It is a little slow to accelerate but once about half throttle it comes on with it. No matter where you stop the gas peddle it keeps bumping the governor. That's what it feels like. Should it be a harsh surging tho?
      Updated by Jwrplanes; March 31, 2014, 11:28 PM.

Comment

under the seat you'll see a 8-10 inch black box on the drivers side frame rail, take the 5/16 screw out & pull the lid. the cable going into it is your problem. i'm shure someone has adjusted that cable all the way out. with a 10mm wrench loosen the nut on the outside and allow the cable to go into the housing 3/16 in or so. drive it and see if that helps, if not lett it in a little more. keep doin this till you can hold the pedal on the floor & the surging stops. button the box up.

Comment

Ok, so as I said I took it in on trade. We all know wat assuming means right? Well it bit me! I did clean the bad fuel out of the tank and replaced fuel lines an filters. I did not take the carb off, yea I know. Well decided I could find no reason it kept bumping the governor even after checking every logical item. I pulled the carb and first thing I see is no butterfly! I also noticed both screws were still in the shaft. It also appears they were never removed. I removed them and was correct they still had the crimp on the thread end. Ok so where and how did the butterfly get off to? Checked intake and valve area nothing. No scratches or any signs it went into intake. Replaced butterfly cleaned carb and now runs beautiful. Would be interested in ideals on the Missing butterfly tho!

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          X