1995 Gas DS belt question....not moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Gas DS belt question....not moving

I just tried to drive the cart and it sounds like it wants to move, but won't...just makes the normal noise. I looked at the belts and noticed the larger one is very loose and doesn't even move at all when I push the petal down. I can grab it on both sides and create a good space from the idler.

Questions:

-Should it move when I press the pedal down?
    -Is it because it finally warmed up in GA and it loosen up?
    -Do I just need to tension it....if so, any link to how to do it
    -Does it typically engage and that is why it is loose.....supposed to "grab and turn" by some other means?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!.

UPDATE: So I noticed the belt tightens when I push the cart in gear....and it moves. I unhooked the ground from RPM Limiter and still no turn over. I can see the small belt move just fine when I push the pedal down.....just not getting it to move.

Can It actually be a spark issue?

The one thing I did....was took the tube out of the gas tank and made sure it was clear. I put it back on as it was before. Do I need to "prime the system" now or was it just a coincidence. THX!

Comment

Ok.....found the issue! The igniter wire fell off! This has been disconnected for months and it still ran. How can this be? See my pic on other post about hesitation down hill......it ran that entire time disconnected. Seems impossible to me unless the RPM limiter had been replaced.....and has a built in one that failed and now the old wire reattached took its place. I am very limited in this field.....

Comment

Posted earlier by GAclubcar View Post
        Ok.....found the issue! The igniter wire fell off! This has been disconnected for months and it still ran. How can this be? See my pic on other post about hesitation down hill......it ran that entire time disconnected. Seems impossible to me unless the RPM limiter had been replaced.....and has a built in one that failed and now the old wire reattached took its place. I am very limited in this field.....
        So does the engine start and run now that you connected the wire to ignitor?

Comment

Posted earlier by wthompson View Post
          So does the engine start and run now that you connected the wire to ignitor?
          Yes Sir! I eventually got to the bottom of this one, but this forum is really amazing for information! I really do appreciate it!

I am still confused how it ran for that short time with the wire off.....seems impossible, but it did.

Now I will take it in for a paint job.......$400 for a total automotive paint job.....in Rosso Corsa.

Comment

good to hear you got it going! we need pics when paint is completed!

Comment

that car probably has an updated coil on it, they have the igniter in the new style coils.

Comment

Show More Comments

Golf Carts Forum

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              X