Engine knocks then runs backwards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine knocks then runs backwards?

Symptom: 03 Carryall Turf II, when I let off gas pedal the engine starts normal slow down then sputters a few times, then knocks and starts running backwards. I'm not imagining things as the cart starts backing up as well with the selector in Forward.

I have downloaded the Kawasaki service manual but I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around all those micro switches vs just a plain 4 stroke engine and where there might possibly be an external micro switch that could cause this. If it weren't for the micro switch involvement I would say its timed to far in advance but I also think this is a magneto motor and can timing be advanced or retarded on such? My mechanical experience is basically on Muscle year V8's not small engines.

A little help if you've seen this would be greatly appreciated as I guess I'm intimidated by the micro switch marriage on these things.

Thanks
    Garry

I am having the same problem with my 05 precedent. Please post if you have found any solution as well as troubleshooting you have tried. Thanks

Comment

Remedy - tighter return spring of throttle and backing off throttle stop where throttle closed all the way. Problem totally solved.

Garry

Comment

Show More Comments

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      X